Slovenia’s only zoo is not big, as you can see, but I think that’s a good thing.
Ok, now that you know how to get to the zoo, let’s look at what you can see and do here…
This is the Mini Zoo. Its my second best place in Ljubljana Zoo. You can go in and pet the animals.
There are goats, sheep and pigs and lots of baby animals. You are not allowed to feed animals in the Mini Zoo but it is not a problem to offer them hay which lies on the ground.
The younger children can go right into the crocodile’s tummy which is made of ropes, safely travel through its body, then climb on crocodile’s head and slide down.
The zoo is open year round except on December 25. Here are Ljubljana Zoo opening hours:
- November to February: 9am to 4pm
- March and October: 9am to 5pm
- April and September: 9am to 6pm
- May to August: 9am to 7pm
And the prices to Ljubljana Zoo:
- for children under 10 the price is €4 (kids under 2 visit for free)
- for school children the price is €5
- students and seniors pay €6
- the price for adults is €7.5
- for disabled persons the price is €2
Dogs also need a ticket. The price is €1.5. There is also a 10% discount for groups of 10 persons and up.
For more details visit the official English site of Ljubljana Zoo.
Have a great time!